If you're looking for a place to work that believes in collaboration for win-win situations, thrives on sharing ideas and provides grassroots empowerment to all people, Lone Star Credit Union may be the place for you. As a trusted financial resource since 1967, we know we're connected deep within our communities. Every action each of us takes at LSCU is part of a bigger initiative that makes a true difference in people’s lives - for the better.
We're all about people
The reason our employees love working at LSCU? It's simple: the people. We share a common set of values focused on honesty, trust, service, respect and communication, reflected by our tenured staff and loyal Members. Although our credit union continues to grow, we still believe in taking a very personal approach in the way we do business. We take time to get to know our Members and find out what’s important to them. And we take the same approach with our employees.
We listen to your ideas. We value your experience. We know you’re going to bring something new and different to our organization that enhances our ability to grow and better serve our Members. We provide the support you need to grow professionally as well as personally. And we respect and encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid time off, retirement plans and affordable health, dental, and vision care.
"I love working for Lone Star Credit Union because of my coworkers, they make getting up and coming to work easy. We all have specific job duties, but we all work together as a team to get things done. We are culture driven and are one big family. "
- Meghan M., 2019 Employee of the Year
"I like working at Lone Star Credit Union because I am given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that allow me to grow and flourish within the company."
- Cruz G., 2018 Employee of the Year
"Every day I get to do something I love and make a difference in people's lives."
- Rosie V., 2018 Employee of the Year
The full-time Staff Trainer will develop, enhance and conduct dynamic and learner-centric training programs for all staff. This position is about motivating staff to go above and beyond as well as train technical skills. It's about embracing the LSCU culture and living our Elements of Good, LSCU's core values. The ideal trainer will be forward thinking and have the ability to communicate and adapt to others, believing in behavior styles and the influence they have on improving interpersonal interactions.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for new employees including but not limited to general training on our employee handbook, using our phone system and product and service training.
- Conduct position-specific training on job responsibilities, policies and procedures, core system and other ancillary systems needed to perform the job in the areas of teller, member service, operations, lending and other areas as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct training programs for the development of LSCU employees ensuring employees are prepared to complete necessary job duties.
- Conduct any technical and soft skill training needed.
- Assist the Employee Development Manager in identifying and meeting training needs for all staff.
- Prepare training and resource materials and creates training activities that result in interactive participation.
- Measure and evaluate progress and effectiveness of training. Report on progress of employees during training period.
- Contributes to organizational goals and supports priorities using strong classroom training, online training, coaching, and feedback skills for the development of new and existing employees.
- Maintain knowledge in relevant fields of training responsibilities including products, services, processes, systems and operations.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively listen.
- Two-year college degree from a college or university; or two (s) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience must consist of broad-based financial institution experience, prior training, teaching or related experience.
- Proven presentation skills and facilitation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to process new information quickly and be able to teach that information in an easy to understand format
- Ability to travel between branch locations, sometimes working in a branch office for an extended period of time
- Ability to learn and utilize various forms of training systems, software, and resources, including credit union intranet, learning management systems, content authoring tools, video editing software, and other training related resources.
- Proven ability to demonstrate patience, diplomacy, tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality regarding issues of a sensitive nature.
Following our mantra of “If it’s good for you, it’s good for us,” Lone Star Credit Union seeks an experienced Licensed Financial Advisor to assist our Members in finding personalized investment and insurance solutions to meet their financial goals. The Financial Advisor will develop and maintain Member/client relationships centered on trust and open communication and will cultivate strong working relationships with employees to build connections and a referral stream. The ideal candidate will have an existing/transferable book of business.
- Conduct Member/client interviews and servicing appointments; maintain documentation of Member/client meetings to enhance client relationships and to identify additional sale and referral opportunities.
- Perform pro-active prospecting activities within the LSCU branches and network in communities served by LSCU to promote, educate and increase awareness of services.
- Provide excellent service, consistent with LSCU standards and investment services objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from four-year college or university preferred or equivalent job experience
- Possess valid NASD and State Insurance licensing certifications (Series 6 or 7, Series 65 or 66 and Life and Health Insurance)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred: Credentials recommended
- Five or more years of experience in related financial planning/sales field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess a clean credit and U-4 CRD history
- Ability to travel between LSCU’s three branch locations and communities served
Financial Advisors are registered through Priority Financial Group (PFG).
Applicants are subject to a background investigation, consumer credit history check and aptitude testing. Applicants must be bondable. Lone Star Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.