If you're looking for a place to work that believes in collaboration for win-win situations, thrives on sharing ideas and provides grassroots empowerment to all people, Lone Star Credit Union may be the place for you. As a trusted financial resource since 1967, we know we're connected deep within our communities. Every action each of us takes at LSCU is part of a bigger initiative that makes a true difference in people’s lives - for the better.
We're all about people
The reason our employees love working at LSCU? It's simple: the people. We share a common set of values focused on honesty, trust, service, respect and communication, reflected by our tenured staff and loyal Members. Although our credit union continues to grow, we still believe in taking a very personal approach in the way we do business. We take time to get to know our Members and find out what’s important to them. And we take the same approach with our employees.
We listen to your ideas. We value your experience. We know you’re going to bring something new and different to our organization that enhances our ability to grow and better serve our Members. We provide the support you need to grow professionally as well as personally. And we respect and encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid time off, retirement plans and affordable health, dental, and vision care.
"I love working for Lone Star Credit Union because of my coworkers, they make getting up and coming to work easy. We all have specific job duties, but we all work together as a team to get things done. We are culture driven and are one big family. "
- Meghan M., 2019 Employee of the Year
"I like working at Lone Star Credit Union because I am given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that allow me to grow and flourish within the company."
- Cruz G., 2018 Employee of the Year
"Every day I get to do something I love and make a difference in people's lives."
- Rosie V., 2018 Employee of the Year
Financial Service Representative (Teller) - FT Terrell Branch
A financial service representative is responsible for processing financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, performing account transfers, opening new account and performing general member service duties. This position will excel in member service and will consistently refer products & services by educating our Members about financial solutions offered by Lone Star Credit Union.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of six months previous teller experience in a sales environment or minimum of two years cash handling in a retail sales environment
- General member service and/or new account experience helpful
- Candidates must be friendly and have the ability to provide exceptional member service
- Ability to build relationships with Members and identify financial needs
- Ability to educate Members and make referrals of products & services offered by LSCU
- Ability to operate windows based computer system and learn new software
Member Service Representative
We are searching for a full-time, Member-focused, energetic, sales-oriented individual to fill a Member service position. This position is responsible for answering all Member inquiries received through our in-bound call center. Assists potential and current Members with their financial needs, then identifies and recommends additional products & services that would improve the Member's financial well-being. Provides prompt, professional and courteous support to Members and fellow co-workers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of LSCU products & services and be familiar with the differences of those offered by other financial institutions.
- Consistently work to increase product & service usage of the membership.
- A minimum of two years related experience in a financial institution performing Member service duties. Call center experience preferred. New account experience helpful.
- Excellent listening and clear verbal skills
- Ability to remain organized, especially while handling multiple priorities at one time.
- Ability to respond to an ever-changing call volume throughout the workday.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of LSCU’s policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to stay in one place or work in a confined area for extended periods of time.
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment
- Fluent in Spanish helpful
As a Consumer Loan Underwriter, responsible for building a quality lending portfolio by examining, evaluating, decision making or recommending a decision on consumer loan applications. Assist in the daily operations of loan servicing activities related to all loan products, title work, collateral protection, etc.
- Review consumer loan applications, credit bureau information, collateral valuation, tax returns, financial statements and/or other supporting documentation to determine credit worthiness.
- Effectively decision applications, within approval criteria and authority level assigned, placing emphasis on response time and quality of applications approved.
- Structure approvals to enhance lending portfolio and identify cross-sell opportunities for ancillary loan products, as well as other credit union products and services.
- Communicate decisions including approval, counter offers and denials to appropriate employee and provide guidance regarding loan decisions and policy inquiries.
- Manage the recording of LSCU’s security interest on all collateralized loans to ensure liens are perfected correctly and timely. Releases lien information on collateralized loans and ensures lien information is mailed or released to the proper individual or entity.
- Monitor the internal lending queue and perform loan servicing functions related line of credit reviews, collateral protection, ancillary product claims, working reports for paid off loans and expired approvals, and general ledger account review and balancing.
- Process a variety of loan transactions as needed.
- Two to five years of general lending experience from a credit union or other financial institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard consumer lending products, policy/procedures and regulations.
- Ability to communicate by expressing information in writing and orally, and have a flexible communication style while possessing the ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as credit bureau reports, debt to income ratio reports, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Analytical ability to evaluate the credit status of applicants and make fair and impartial decisions.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able to be actively registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Work from home options available.
The full-time Staff Trainer will develop, enhance and conduct dynamic and learner-centric training programs for all staff. This position is about motivating staff to go above and beyond as well as train technical skills. It's about embracing the LSCU culture and living our Elements of Good, LSCU's core values. The ideal trainer will be forward thinking and have the ability to communicate and adapt to others, believing in behavior styles and the influence they have on improving interpersonal interactions.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for new employees including but not limited to general training on our employee handbook, using our phone system and product and service training.
- Conduct position-specific training on job responsibilities, policies and procedures, core system and other ancillary systems needed to perform the job in the areas of teller, member service, operations, lending and other areas as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct training programs for the development of LSCU employees ensuring employees are prepared to complete necessary job duties.
- Conduct any technical and soft skill training needed.
- Assist the Employee Development Manager in identifying and meeting training needs for all staff.
- Prepare training and resource materials and creates training activities that result in interactive participation.
- Measure and evaluate progress and effectiveness of training. Report on progress of employees during training period.
- Contributes to organizational goals and supports priorities using strong classroom training, online training, coaching, and feedback skills for the development of new and existing employees.
- Maintain knowledge in relevant fields of training responsibilities including products, services, processes, systems and operations.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively listen.
- Two-year college degree from a college or university; or two (s) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience must consist of broad-based financial institution experience, prior training, teaching or related experience.
- Proven presentation skills and facilitation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to process new information quickly and be able to teach that information in an easy to understand format
- Ability to travel between branch locations, sometimes working in a branch office for an extended period of time
- Ability to learn and utilize various forms of training systems, software, and resources, including credit union intranet, learning management systems, content authoring tools, video editing software, and other training related resources.
- Proven ability to demonstrate patience, diplomacy, tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality regarding issues of a sensitive nature.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation, consumer credit history check and aptitude testing. Applicants must be bondable. Lone Star Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.