If you're looking for a place to work that believes in collaboration for win-win situations, thrives on sharing ideas and provides grassroots empowerment to all people, Lone Star Credit Union may be the place for you. As a trusted financial resource since 1967, we know we're connected deep within our communities. Every action each of us takes at LSCU is part of a bigger initiative that makes a true difference in people’s lives - for the better.
We're all about people
The reason our employees love working at LSCU? It's simple: the people. We share a common set of values focused on honesty, trust, service, respect and communication, reflected by our tenured staff and loyal Members. Although our credit union continues to grow, we still believe in taking a very personal approach in the way we do business. We take time to get to know our Members and find out what’s important to them. And we take the same approach with our employees.
We listen to your ideas. We value your experience. We know you’re going to bring something new and different to our organization that enhances our ability to grow and better serve our Members. We provide the support you need to grow professionally as well as personally. And we respect and encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid time off, retirement plans and affordable health, dental, and vision care.
"Every day I get to do something I love and make a difference in people's lives."
- Rosie V., 2018 Employee of the Year
"I like working at Lone Star Credit Union because I am given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that allow me to grow and flourish within the company."
- Cruz G., 2018 Employee of the Year
The Lone Star Credit Union Marketing Specialist is an engaging, people-focused professional who will support and drive LSCU’s marketing plan while ensuring consistency in the brand image and experience.
- Writes grammatically sound and engaging content for marketing communications across multiple channels including print, e-newsletter, e-mail, social media, in-branch signage, statement messages, etc. Ensure copy is correct, compliant, and free of errors.
- Execute the credit union’s digital marketing strategy, including websites, email, social media and digital advertising. Evaluate and recommend enhancements to website architecture including navigation, design and content. Champion opportunities for new ways of connecting to our Members through their preferred channels.
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing initiatives and promotions, both internal and external, to grow brand awareness, attract and retain Members, and increase product adoption.
- Maintain third-party vendor relationships with advertising agencies and other suppliers of creative and marketing services. Source, negotiate and coordinate vendor work.
- Maintain marketing inventory of materials, stationary, and promotional items and coordinate orders as needed. Conduct branch visits for marketing audit purposes and ensure timely delivery of marketing materials. Assist with maintaining the credit union brand within the branches.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and accurately and apply brand standards across all marketing channels.
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of Credit Union sponsored community events, Member events, and other special events as needed.
- Provide general assistance and support to the Chief Administration Officer in the day-to-day marketing responsibilities. Compose and produce routine correspondence and reports.
- Be a brand and culture advocate promoting the mission, products, services, and image of Lone Star Credit Union on a continuing basis to all staff, Members, volunteers and community. Participate in Credit Union sponsored events.
- A four (4)-year college degree preferably in Journalism, Communications or Marketing and a minimum of two (2) years of similar or related experience, preferably from a credit union or financial institution.
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite) required, with skills in mobile technologies and apps
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is helpful, as is knowledge of various media and production methods.
- Familiarity with social media and related technologies such as marketing automation. Hubspot experience helpful.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to manage project timelines and deliverables while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, effective listening, problem solving and tact in dealing with staff, Members and outside sources (vendors, general public, etc.)
- Ability to travel between branches and within communities served by Lone Star Credit Union.
The full-time Staff Trainer will develop, enhance and conduct dynamic and learner-centric training programs for all staff. This position is about motivating staff to go above and beyond as well as train technical skills. It's about embracing the LSCU culture and living our Elements of Good, LSCU's core values. The ideal trainer will be forward thinking and have the ability to communicate and adapt to others, believing in behavior styles and the influence they have on improving interpersonal interactions.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for new employees including but not limited to general training on our employee handbook, using our phone system and product and service training.
- Conduct position-specific training on job responsibilities, policies and procedures, core system and other ancillary systems needed to perform the job in the areas of teller, member service, operations, lending and other areas as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct training programs for the development of LSCU employees ensuring employees are prepared to complete necessary job duties.
- Conduct any technical and soft skill training needed.
- Assist the Employee Development Manager in identifying and meeting training needs for all staff.
- Prepare training and resource materials and creates training activities that result in interactive participation.
- Measure and evaluate progress and effectiveness of training. Report on progress of employees during training period.
- Contributes to organizational goals and supports priorities using strong classroom training, online training, coaching, and feedback skills for the development of new and existing employees.
- Maintain knowledge in relevant fields of training responsibilities including products, services, processes, systems and operations.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively listen.
- Two-year college degree from a college or university; or two (s) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience must consist of broad-based financial institution experience, prior training, teaching or related experience.
- Proven presentation skills and facilitation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to process new information quickly and be able to teach that information in an easy to understand format
- Ability to travel between branch locations, sometimes working in a branch office for an extended period of time
- Ability to learn and utilize various forms of training systems, software, and resources, including credit union intranet, learning management systems, content authoring tools, video editing software, and other training related resources.
- Proven ability to demonstrate patience, diplomacy, tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality regarding issues of a sensitive nature.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation, consumer credit history check and aptitude testing. Applicants must be bondable. Lone Star Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.